So many of the fashion trends I saw during NYFW made its way over to the states but also I loved seeing some new street style trends in Milan and Paris that I haven't seen back home.
So far the shows have been amazing, it was my very first time in Milan so that was definitely an exciting experience. Before going into the presentations, events and shows, I love spotting what everyone is wearing on the streets. There were so many daring and bold street style trends and it definitely made me more excited for fall (which by the way, is my favorite season).
1. ANIMAL PRINT COATS: You would think animal print faded away but it’s always been everyone’s fashion staple. Because the weather was a bit cooler in both Paris and Milan, animal print coats were the perfect piece to elevate any outfit and make it look great. I saw many people layer this onto their pair of black jeans or even their slip dresses. Some even went a bit more dramatic and paired it with leather trousers! Not only is this trend so popular on the runway, but also in the streets, which goes to show it’s such a classic and timeless piece. This trend works so well by itself as a statement coat or with anything else and I particularly loved this Kenzo set I wore in Paris.
2. MINI BAGS: This is definately the “It” accessory right now. All you need is your cell phone and wallet, so why not make it easier and carry a mini bag? It’s super freeing and fun, giving you less to carry and I see many people rocking this trend. Whether it’s a crossbody or a small bag with a handle for you to hold—it’s cool and chic and doesn't take away from your outfit, but instead, adds the best subtle detail.
3. ELECTRIC SHADES: Bright hues are the best way to make your outfit pop and I love this trend because it gives an all around retro vibe. This trend is definitely one of the more bolder ones I would say because not everyone is all for it. I’ve seen some people go with a bright fuchsia colored coat and others going all the way with an entire head-to-toe look of bright yellow. It’s not possible to pull this trend off, but it definitely needs to be done right. A effortless way to try out the trend is a neon colored turtleneck under a jacket.
4. SILK SCARVES: The classic accessory adds something extra to your ensemble without looking too much. It’s a nice way to add some elegance to your outfit and is so versatile. Who says this has to only go around your neck? I’ve seen people tie it around their forehead or even over their hair and on their handbags. It’s such a sophisticated accessory and I'm all for it!
5. THE OVERLY OVERSIZED BLAZERS: Everyone knows my obsession with blazers so when I saw this trend on the streets, I was even more inspired. I love this menswear trend because it comes in different silhouettes that will work for everyone! Some people paired a more structured blazer with a flyaway skirt, which is actually one of my favorite ways to wear it. Others wore it as a longer blazer over a skirt to show some legs, which I also love! This trend is one of my favorites because it’s a piece that can be dressed up or dressed down!
Which trend are you going to try out this season? Let me know and comment below!